Hemp is breed improved cannabis for fiber use. As the study on the use of cannabis fiber in the West has progressed, it is a name used to distinguish it from “marijuana“. Of course, there is no euphoric effect in industrial hemp, and in recent years fibers from hemp’s stem are re-recognized as eco material. The history of industrial use of lightweight and durable hemp is long, and the Ford company in the United States launched its application to HEMP-CAR in 1929. Then in 1941, they posted research results over 10 years in Popular Mechanic magazine. 70% of the car body was made from hemp, sisal and wheat straw, the remaining 30% was hemp plastic made from composite of hemp and resin. They have succeeded in running this hemp-car using the oil exploited from hemp seed as fuel. Compared to a car of the same type, this car was lighter in weight by a third, while the impact strength boasted an overwhelming specification of 10 times. Unlike petroleum-based plastics, Hemp Plastic is environmentally friendly and also has high antibacterial activity with no harmful substances (~ biodegradable). So that, it has great potential as a next generation plastic. Hemp’s cultivation area in the EU region was 8,000 ha in 2011, but in 2017 it has expanded more than triple with 42,000 ha. Hemp is a very strong species as a plant, growing very fast, grows to 4 meters in about 120 days, it can be cultivated without using pesticide because it is resistant to pests and diseases.

*1 Industrial Hemp : contains THC <0.2%

*2 CO2 footprint / ton …

Hemp Fiber : 0.5 ~ 0.7 ton

Glass Fiber :  1.7-2.2 ton

HempFlax was founded in the Netherlands in Odee Pekela in 1994. We run our own farms of Hemp and flux and do primary and secondary processing. “Hemp flux Romania” was also established in 2012 to expand its scale.  As of 2017, HempFlax supplies more than 10,000 tons of raw materials and other products from its own 2,500 ha farm. With 20 years of research and development, HempFlax is now a leading company in the hemp industry in Europe. 

More over, Mr. Mark Reinders, CEO of the company, is also a representative of the European Industrial Hemp Association.


This Hyper Cool Electric Scooter
Is Made of Hemp –

“This is a common technique for fabricating Formula 1 Supercars. High-impact transportation products, commonly made from steel, can actually be replaced by sustainable natural fibers without losing strength or performance,” – van.eko